“Is it nothing to you?” (Lam 1:12). This Easter how do you answer Christ’s cry through Jeremiah, the prophet, concerning His great anguish, sorrow, suffering, and death on the cross?
The Bible says, “Christ…once suffered for sins, the Just for the unjust” (1 Pet 3:18 KJV). “Is it nothing to you” Jesus Christ was—
- Condemned though innocent that we might be acquitted though guilty (Mark 14:60-64)?
- “Scourged” that we might be “healed” “by His stripes” (1 Pet 2:24)?
- “Stripped” that we might be clothed in His perfect “righteousness” (Isa 61:10; 2 Cor 5:21)?
- “Reckoned” a “transgressor” that we might be reckoned innocent, “justified by His blood” (Luke 22:37; Rom 4:21-5:10)?
- “Mocked” and reviled that we might be honored and blessed.
- Wore a “crown of thorns” that we might wear “a crown of glory” (1 Pet 5:4)?
- Died the most painful and shameful of deaths that we might live for evermore and be exalted to the highest glory (Gal 3:13; Rev 1:5-6; 7:9-17)?
God “spared not His own Son” when He “laid on Him the iniquity of us all” (Rom 8:32; Isa 53:3-12)!
“Christ died for our sins...He rose again the third day” (1 Cor 15:3,4). “Jesus said...I am the resurrection, and the life.” “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life...He that believeth not the Son…the wrath of God abideth on him” (John 11:25,26; 3:36).
“How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation” (Heb 2:3)?
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.